Things don't always come out quite as you expect.

The Ones Providing The Loving.

Sunday 2 May 2010

~Change~

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But, because I knew you
I have been changed
For Good.

Change cannot be avoided and to think that we can remain the same for our entire lives would be beyond the far realms of naivety. Besides the natural change we must go through on the journey from infant to adult, would it ever be realistically possible to never alter your behaviour, your personality or your morals?

Children have an innocence that is very easily lost, but in losing it we mature and grow. It could be said that we need to lose that defined sense of right and wrong in order to understand the ways of the world.
Relationships, of every kind, are so much more intricate as we age: and if we look, the difference between friendships at childhood, teenage-hood (is that a word?), adulthood and elder-hood (I really am making up words now) is extensive. Whilst they lose their simplicity they become deeper, more personal and ultimately richer. My point is they change.

Yes, change can be bad. It can be horrendous. But sometimes we have to look beyond what is happening during said change and instead focus on the result. If the result is worse then the change can be altered - perhaps, just slowed to begin with, but change is not permanent - things that can go wrong can eventually be fixed with hard work and love but at the same time good things can fall apart if we take them for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Pain= change.
    Love= change.

    I completely agree with everything you said... and I don't really understand why people are so scared of change...
    You're right... we can fix any bad changes.

    I think it only scares us because we get so comfortable with everything we are used to...
    Its amazing though that we change because of each other...
    it just proves that we really do affect and change each others life by just being yourselves. ;)
    And thanks for putting my thoughts into something understandable.. I've been thinking about this for a while... and you have made it a little brighter and clearer in my mind.

    ReplyDelete